Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Veggie Quesadilla



Today I cleaned out the fridge...yikes. It's always amazing what I find stashed in there. The real amazement was that on my last grocery shopping trip I felt led to buy the whole produce section. We are a family of three, T is scared of every veggie except the primary (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, celery), the baby is loving yams and hating carrots, and me well I love it all-which explains why the farmers market is in my fridge.

My eggplant has only a few good days left, the tomatoes are starting to soften, I have enough onions till march, and I am down to one pepper. I was thinking sandwich but than I took it to the next level, quesedilla. Love a good quesadilla with salsa, sour cream and guacamole, so good. However my avocados weren't ripe, salsa was moldy, so sour cream was my only lonely dip.

Off to work I went to create my veggie quesadilla. I wondered what the eggplant texture would be like after it was roasted so I diced it very small, I diced everything very small. I needed to use up lots of veggies.

If you find yourself in the same situation as me, this is what I did.

Enjoy!

Veggie Quesadilla

  • eggplant, 2-3 tbsp diced
  • onion, 2-3 tbsp diced
  • red pepper, 2-3 tbsp diced
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • tomato, 1-2 tbsp diced
  • 3 basil leaves, chopped
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • drizzle of balsamic vinegar
  • cheese, enough to hold the quesedilla together
Probably delicious just like this

Preheat your oven to 425.

Dice your veggies and basil leaves, place in a bowl

Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over veggies, stir.

Pour veggies onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with baking spray before you pour the veggies on.

Place your veggies in the oven for 20 minutes or until roasted to your preference

Heat up a fry pan on the stove

In the fry pan place your tortilla

As the tortilla warms, sprinkle cheese on one side, top with veggies and place more cheese on top

Fold tortilla over.

Flip tortilla carefully. Cook tortilla until both sides are charred and cheese is melted.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment