Valentine's Day, here it is again. One of those holidays to celebrate our sweeties. T asked what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day this year. In my head I was thinking I would like to eat cake, read my book, drink coffee, and watch smutty tv but instead I said "o nothing." I really didn't want to go out anywhere. I am a total homebody.
"Well can I make you dinner?" He asked.
"Of course!! And I will make dessert." I replied.
"Frozen Cheesecake please" He shot back.
Of all things he could have said he chose the most simple. Yippee! I was totally prepared to be making a Black Forest Cake but luckily I ducked out of that one. Phew!
"Your on. I will be wearing my best set of yoga pants for our date, you know the ones with the holes in them?" He just looked at me and smiled. Love is grand.
Need a quick and simple cheesecake? Here it is. You can change the flavor of the cake by the juice and frozen fruit. I'm already planning the next one.
Frozen Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tub (litre) cool whip, thawed
- 1 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
- 1 container of frozen berry bunch, thawed
- First make your crust. Melt the butter and pour into bowl of graham cracker crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of pan until firm, set aside
- In a separate bowl with a electric mixture stir cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add cool whip and berry punch into the cream cheese mixture, stir until combined
- Fold in fruit stirring until combined, don't over stir
- Pour into crust and freeze for 4 hours or until set
- Serve frozen with chocolate sauce drizzle, fresh mint, or more berries for garnish.
My Valentine & I (October 2010)