Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chunky White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies



I am back in action...in the kitchen. After becoming a mom I have decided there is a such thing as Superwoman. I have never seen Superman do a load of laundry, dishes, tidy the house, bake cookies, breast feed while eating a bowl of cereal, and all before 8 am. All I have seen Clark Kent do is take his glasses off and save the world...and he gets all the credit. It's sad to think my son's first words most likely will be "Dadda". Oh well at least I make good cookies.
After short circuiting my oven, I was suspended from baking. So instead of baking I searched out every cookie, muffin, and bake good recipe in my cookbooks instead of baking. This was the first one I wanted to bake since T enjoys white chocolate. As I write this posting I am eating one and just realized "I really don't like white chocolate!" Oh well still a good cookie, can't waste it.

Enjoy!


Chunky White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Adapted From: Bite Me Cookbook

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks (I used chips)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
  • In your mixer cream butter and sugars together on medium speed. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy
  • On low speed, add flour, baking soda, salt, white chocolate, and cranberries. Mix until flour disappears, do not over mix.
  • Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet.
  • Bake 10-12 minutes, just until edges are brown.
  • Cool cookies on rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment