Sunday, October 23, 2011

La-La-La-Lasagna


I had high hopes for my first post on my blog. My boyfriend, we will call him T, had been requesting lasagna all week so lasagna it was. I picked out a new deep dish meat lasagna recipe; it had homemade sauce and a ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese blend. The recipe I knew was a lot of work but the reward of a piping hot lasagna from the oven was totally worth the chore. However my dreams of trying the new recipe were soon crushed by my two hungry boys. I had to refer to my old stand by and T's favorite lasagna recipe.

This recipe for lasagna is so easy and quick (there is no boiling noodles). I was able to nurse a baby on the couch and direct T in the kitchen on how to put it together. No more frozen lasagnas for the family, this takes no effort to put together.



Lasagna
Adapted from: Me

You will need

  • 2 lbs extra lean beef
  • Garlic (as many cloves as you like)
  • 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
  • 2 cups of 2% cottage cheese
  • 4 cups of your favorite pasta sauce (I like Hunts)
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Cheddar cheese
  • 8 Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles


  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  • Over medium-high heat, brown your beef and drain. Return your beef to the pan and add your garlic. You can also throw in some diced onion to for flavor at this time.
  • Add your sauce and the italian seasoning, let simmer while you shred your cheese.
  • We use cheddar and mozzerlla but you can really use any cheese you want. I also don't measure my cheese we just add as much as we like.
  • Dig in your cupboards for a 9x13 glass casserole dish
  • Scoop some of the meat sauce into the bottom of the pan, you want a thin layer covering the bottom
  • Than place four lasagna noodles over the meat sauce
  • Scoop meat sauce onto the noodles, spreading another thin layer over the noodles
  • Add the cottage cheese on top of the meat in the casserole dish and spread to cover
  • Layer noodles on top of cheese and meat mixture
  • Take the remaining meat sauce in the pan and spread over noodles.
  • Cover and smother with cheese
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbling
We had a nice quiet meal...my son slept and the lasagna was so good we were both left speechless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment